First-time Private Equity Funds: How To Be Successful
New York City
Open to members and alumni in PE/VC
Thinking about raising a first or second-time PE fund?
Join Wharton Private Equity & Venture Capital Association (WPEVC) for an indepth discussion presented by Peter Haabastad (WG '02), a Co-Founder of Guardian Capital Partners. Peter will share his insights and experiences launching a firtst-time fund and raising a follow on fund. He'll delve into a range of critical fundraising topics, and answer your questions along the way.
Join your peers for this candid discussion and you'll gain insights on:
- Current Fundraising Environment
- Common Pitfalls of First/Second-time Fund Managers
- Critical Components of a Successful First-time Raise (What LP’s Care About)
- Planning Ahead for the Next Capital Raise (What to Get Right In the First Fund)
- Negotiated Economics in PPM, Fund Terms and Side Letters Compared to an “Established” Fund Manager
- Lessons Learned and Strategies for Success
- Questions & Answers
Don't miss this opportunity to gain an understanding of all the ingredients that go into successfully raising a first or second-time fund plus network with UPenn / Wharton alumni and to make new connections with others in the private equity and venture capital field.
Date: Thursday, October 10, 2019
Time: 6:00 - 8:30 pm
6:00 Registration | 6:30 Program | 7:30 Cocktails
Location: Offices of Morgan Lewis | 101 Park Avenue (Park between 40th & 41st)
Pricing: Members: $25 | Non-members: $85
Join and Save! Membership + Event: $100
Interested in becoming a member of this exclusive global network of private equity / venture capital professionals...if you are a Wharton / UPenn alumni investing third part capital in deals join and event registration is free - click here for membership qualifications and benefits.