Vice President / Principal, Private Equity
Corridor Capital is a Los-Angeles based, operationally-intensive, private equity firm focused on investing in lower middle market, specialty manufacturing, business services and value-added distribution companies. We acquire controlling interests in businesses that have strong, stable positions in attractive market niches, but are poised to greatly benefit from the deep operational and strategic support provided by Corridor. Our professionals, including a highly experienced, in-house operations team, collaborate closely with managers to institutionalize and then scale companies via a combination of organic and acquisitive growth.
In connection with the firm’s recent investment velocity and the launch of its latest fund, Corridor is looking to build its team with the addition of an experienced investment professional. We are seeking a talented and passionate individual who has meaningful experience leading the execution of lower middle-market buyout investments. We are seeking a Q1 2019 start and would consider a tenured Vice President or new Principal; recent MBA graduates and Senior Principal/Managing Director/Partner level professionals will not be considered for the position.
Corridor is very entrepreneurial, merit-based and committed to building a diverse professional team, providing partner track opportunities for all exceptional candidates. Given our investments in small companies and operational focus, the candidate must have a solid desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment, a positive ‘roll-up your sleeves’ attitude, a clear aspiration to pursue a long-term career in the lower middle-market, and a strong investment track record. The position offers the opportunity to work within a relatively flat organization, often leading teams comprised of junior investment professionals, internal operations and strategy professionals, and portfolio company executives. Accordingly, the new team member will be deeply involved with all aspects of new platform and add-on investments, strategic operational initiatives, divestitures and related financings. The position will involve:
- Evaluating and presenting new investment opportunities to the investment committee;
- Performing primary and secondary research on macroeconomic trends, industries, investment theses and target companies;
- Managing the due diligence process for platform and add-on investments;
- Managing debt capital raises;
- Partnering with operating professionals and portfolio company management to drive the execution of Corridor’s investment theses and change management strategies; and
- Providing board level governance and support of portfolio companies.
- A bachelor’s degree and strong marks from a leading university; MBA from a leading business school preferred, but not required;
- Four to eight years of relevant principal investing experience and eight to 12 years of total experience;
- A minimum of two years at a leading investment bank or consulting firm providing strong technical training and consistent exposure to financial modeling, accounting and private equity advisory engagements, with a track record of professional success, including a top ranking;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity and exceptional personal and professional integrity;
- Established connection to Los Angeles strongly preferred;
- Candidates within commercial and industrial advisory or investment experience preferred.
Individuals interested in pursuing this opportunity should submit a resume and transaction history to Craig Enenstein at firstname.lastname@example.org.