ABOUT BOOSTER COMMERCE
Boosted Commerce (founded in 2019) is a CPG platform focused on accelerating the growth of beloved consumer brands. We do this by acquiring, investing in, and growing third party seller businesses (mainly FBA based) and through original product development across verticals that we believe offer exceptional opportunity. Over the next twelve months, Boosted will acquire dozens of seller businesses and launch a similar number of original products. The founding team at Boosted has successfully exited multiple companies and is looking for talented, entrepreneurial, driven, and creative people to join us on our current journey.
The founding team has raised significant funding to acquire and build a diversified portfolio of brands on the world’s most dominant e-commerce platform, Amazon.
With e-commerce revenue of over $250 billion annually representing over 50% of total sales on the internet, Amazon products are being sold at scale across every possible consumer category. Amazon’s marketplace of third-party sellers accounts for 58% of all Amazon e-commerce sales with over 1 million sellers on the platform.
With the goal of acquiring 100 third-party sellers businesses over the next several years, Boosted is in need of a top team of qualified and passionate contributors. Joining Boosted at this early stage represents an opportunity to grab early market-share and drive inorganic growth that will ultimately lead the company down a very clear path to profitability.
At Boosted, our strength is the efficiency with which we identify, acquire, and operate brands in order to develop and elevate them to their full market potential. We deliver leading-edge products and support to those we serve. We are proud to set the standard for success in our industry. To help us continue our growth, we are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic M&A Manager to join our highly skilled Los Angeles base team.
With 80+ deals currently in the pipeline at varying stages, this is a unique opportunity to step in and contribute to high-volume deal flow while simultaneously building the foundational platform and processes on which Boosted’s deals will run going forward. You will be reporting to and work directly with the VP of M&A and be integrally involved in the full transaction lifecycle from target identification through evaluation, execution and post-deal integration. The ideal candidate not only has experience multi-tasking in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, but is also a proactive individual who takes the necessary initiative to support the senior leadership team and is comfortable engaging in complex, broad analyses.
As an M&A Manager, you will be responsible for quarterbacking acquisitions from start to finish:
- Support the business development team in identifying strong acquisition opportunities
- Screen inbound opportunities and qualify investment potential based on key Boosted Commerce criteria
- Engage with sellers in due diligence of their companies to obtain the necessary materials to make an informed decision on a potential investment
- Perform analysis and evaluation of target companies through standardized evaluation practices, recommending solutions for process improvement when necessary
- Develop detailed financial models and business cases including projections, valuation, and investment return analyses
- Prepare presentations for Boosted leadership team that balance detailed analyses with concise conclusions
- Work with third parties to bring each acquisition into the Boosted portfolio including legal documentation and financial quality of earnings, among other aspects
- Collaborate with operations team and other business units to align M&A strategy across the company, support smooth and swift onboarding and integration of new brands
- Research and track industry and competitive landscape, identify key trends impacting the Boosted Commerce portfolio and acquisition pipeline to help inform strategic decision making
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Strong evaluation and modeling skills, looking to explore leaving the financial industry for an entrepreneurial experience at an innovative and fast-growing startup
- A deep desire to learn new things and acquire new skills while working for a company with a massive market opportunity
- Strong analytical, written, and oral communication skills with a focus on execution and problem-solving
- Masterful organizational, communication, and self-motivations skills, demonstrated by previous professional success
- The ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment: you are resourceful and can think outside the box in the pursuit of business objectives
- Experience working in the Amazon ecosystem or other similar, e-commerce experience
- Superior negotiation skills in both internal and external settings
- A positive attitude and the ability to work in a collaborative environment that values transparency and direct feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or related field
- 4+ years of post-undergraduate work at an investment bank, principal investment firm, or other financial services experience including corporate development / strategy: M&A experience a strong plus
- Ability to multi-task across a variety of projects, departments and timelines
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- High proficiency with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint including strong financial modelling skills
- Preference for candidates with experience in e-commerce, particularly the Amazon eco-system
- Experience in a start-up or fact paced, dynamic work environment a plus
- A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others
- Solid references requested
Boosted Commerce is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe bringing together people from different backgrounds enhances our ability to think more creatively and to come to the right conclusion more often. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME: mention seeing this on the WPEVC website
Adam Epstein, firstname.lastname@example.org
Charlie Chanaratsopon, email@example.com