Investor Relations/Finance Associate
Lovell Minnick Partners or LMP is a private equity firm investing in middle market companies in financial services and business services. Since our inception in 1999, we have become a leader in our chosen space, raising $1.7 billion of committed capital from leading institutional investors including public and private pensions, insurance companies, endowments and foundations.
We are seeking a bright and conscientious Investor Relations Associate with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic to join our Investor Relations and Finance team. Based in Radnor, PA or New York, the successful candidate will be a key member of the Investor Relations and Finance teams and will help execute all project management activities. The successful candidate will also work with the team on data analysis, database management and the strategic positioning and effective communication of the firm’s messages, performance, and branding to all external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Participating in the execution of fundraising processes and ongoing workflow for existing and prospective investors and other key internal projects to support the Investor Relations and Finance teams
- Creating, reviewing and/or enhancing various investor materials and the Firm’s wider marketing materials.
- Responsible for assisting with the production of fundraising materials (including PPM, collateral material, fund documentation, due diligence data, etc.)
- Data analysis and database management of key information related to investors, investments, and business development for investment team
- Develop a deep level of understanding of LMP’s portfolio companies and support deal teams with monitoring and reporting requirements with a focus on the continuous improvement of our analytical understanding of the portfolio and the deal pipeline
- Accurate and timely completion of LP information and data requests outside of fundraises
- Development and execution of other marketing initiatives for proactive and transparent client communications and strategic client growth
- Support GP financial reporting and analysis
- Collaborate with various teams such as business development committee, finance and operations on other internal projects, R&D and other various initiatives
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor's degree in business, finance or economics
- At least 1-2 years of experience as an analyst at an investment bank, placement agent, accounting firm or private equity consulting firm
- Advanced Excel skills and strong modeling skills
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- CRM (Navatar ideally) and other data platform experience strongly preferred
- An understanding of the latest private equity focused deal-flow and portfolio analytics tools— eg, Bison Cobalt, iLevel, DealCloud, etc.
The successful candidate will be:
- Ability to drive a process to completion and to effectively prioritize competing objectives and urgent deadlines
- Bright and flexible, with excellent analytical, strategic, communication and implementation skills
- Results-oriented, with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and expeditiously
- A strong individual as well as a team player, capable of building effective internal and external relationships
- A high standard of integrity and ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
Interested candidates can contact Irene Hong Edwards at Ihongedwards@lmpartners.com or Scott Shebelsky at firstname.lastname@example.org